Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

the best things about summer are

sleeping outsideand strawberry shortcake2 cups of flour, 1 T. baking powder, 2 T. sugar, 1/2 t. salt
Cut in 6 T. butter (to size of peas)
Add 1/2 C milk, 1 egg, lemon peel (save a little of this out)
form into a thick circle, wash with reserved milk/egg/lemon peel
sprinkle liberally with turbinado suger
cut into six wedges (or eight if you are feeling stingy)
bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes
go to your local farm and get your berries,
local is the only way to go with strawberries and I mean it
sprinkle strawberries with sugar and triple sec and macerate
*that's what you do with fruit, not marinate (like for meat, eeewww)
You are allowed to eat this as your entire dinner once per summer.

10 comments:

  1. What a dream of a bed. I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't get better than that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be doing that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.. talk about summer decadence!
    That bed looks fabulous as does that recipe. I agree with Dale.. it doesn't get any better than that. :)

    Enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks completely delicious! And those plates below are so pretty. One other thing I love about summer is outdoor showers. So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. about the bed...I used to simply throw down a pad and some quilts right on the ground, that is, until last summer when I was picking up the bedding in the morning and found a SNAKE curled up under my pillow. Questions:
    How long had it been there? Did it crawl over me to get there? Don't I sleep with my hand/arm under my pillow?
    AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAH How about every night? Yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...what is better than sleeping outside? And showering outside, too! All things beachy:)

    Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such loveliness...I need to go sleep outside right now, you have inspired me..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.